Learn These Advanced SEO Terms
Here are some search engine optimization terms that you’ve heard of. We cover them in depth in this post.
- HTTP Custom – Connect Pingdom with scripts on your server and set it up to Alert you in case of issues as well as collect data for reports in Pingdom.
- Ping – This check determines the status with the use of ICMP packets, and considers a site to be down if 3 out of 5 packets get no response. Only one packet is sent at a time, and a time-out threshold of 5 seconds is set for each packet.
- TCP – Connect to a specific TCP port to make sure it’s responding, optionally a string to send and to expect can be entered, the specific string will have to be found from the documentation of the service you’re monitoring though.
- UDP – Pretty much the same as the TCP check but using UDP instead.
- DNS – A check specific for making sure your DNS servers are working, one check for every DNS server is required.
- SMTP, POP3(S) and IMAP(S). These type of checks monitor your mail server for a response, a 220 is the default, but can be changed in the optional settings.
Lookout for more free SEO resources on our Blog.
October 20, 2021
October 13, 2021
October 6, 2021